In light of today's announcement from the government, we have had to make several changes across the site. New Lanark Spinning Company continues to spin, and our General Store remains open until advised otherwise. Social distancing measures will be in place across the shop, so please bear with us while we operate through this.
The New Lanark Visitor Attraction and New Lanark Leisure & Beauty are closed.
The New Lanark Mill Hotel will remain open, however social distancing measures are in place and the bar and restaurant are closed.
Your health and wellbeing, as well as that of our staff, are our priority. We are upping our online business offering over the coming days bringing you more variety in homeware and gifting ideas and will continue to spin, pack and post so that anyone in isolation isn't missing out. It's important to look after your physical health as well as your mental health and we hope taking just a wee bit of time here and there to knit will help you.
Not only is New Lanark Spinning Company a local business and a local employer but we support the work of New Lanark Trust with all profits going directly into the preservation of the site and its environs. We are an important piece of Scottish History and Scotland’s cultural landscape and it is important that we do everything we can to protect our history, our buildings and staff. Your support through this time will help us continue our work.
1) Please wash your hands thoroughly and regularly.
2) In line with Government guidance, if you have a high temperature, or new continuous cough, please postpone your visit, and stay at home for 7 days if you live alone, or 14 days if you live with others. Please also ensure that you practise good hand hygiene, following guidelines on how to avoid the virus, details of which can be found on the NHS website.
1) Staff are aware not to attend the workplace if they have symptoms of COVID19 as they would with any other transmissible disease.
2) A member of management assesses every member of staff at the start of their shift) and will send them home if necessary
3) Our already very high levels of hygiene have been enhanced with special emphasis on staff hand-washing, use of gloves, regular cleaning of lavatories and high-touch items (handles, etc.) and other measures throughout the restaurant as recommended by the authorities
We will update our procedures and this information as the situation develops and in-line with Government guidance.
There may be occasions when we are short-staffed due to this current virus as well as the usual winter ailments and there may also disruption to our delivery schedules. We trust you will understand and bear with us.
Thank you for your support.